Monday, February 4, 2013

GET TO KNOW US...

•BLACK HISTORY MONTH• ETERNAL - BLACK MAKEUP ARTISTS throughout the modern history of this craft have contributed countless masterpieces to every segment of the industry. Print, television, fashion, film, stage...

I AM BLACK! My love for my industry AS A WHOLE, has caused me to crave all of the knowledge & every detail I am able to adsorb & retain about MAKEUP ART. It is through love that I have sought to know, and know well - as many of my colleagues, pioneers, creators, geniuses and masters of this craft that I deeply & wholly love...MAKEUP.

All of this said to say, IT HURTS when I discover that my colleagues, my fellow beauty professionals of different skin shades and ethnicities DO NOT KNOW OF MAKEUP ARTISTS OF COLOR; whose talent, vision & sheer genius are as much a part of that "whole" that I speak of as every artist that has given to this great body. We feel ignored, IT FEELS RACIST, though I do know that most of my fellow creatives ARE NOT that way - IT STILL FEELS LIKE IT!

INDIFFERENCE feels like purpose & aggression. It is heartbreaking at times.

We are black; we know & embrace all of the intricacies within the Anglo-European beauty realm. We yet honor the mastery that EXCLUDES US (people of color) again & again, in so many ways, in so many areas - still, in 2013.

We are more than worthy; make an effort to GET TO KNOW SOME OF US...this is just a fraction, a snapshot, a glimpse. Our greatness is immense - we know you...GET TO KNOW US!

• Roxanna Floyd • Reggie Wells • Danessa Myricks • Pat McGrath • Valerie Hunt-Darden • Vanessa Evelyn • J.K. Hunter • Bimpe Onakoya • Rudy Miles • Fran Cooper • Sam Fine • Janice Tunnell • Denise Tunnell • Lazarus Jean-Baptiste • Lori Taylor • Byron Barnes • Marietta Carter-Narcisse • Ross Burton • Torrence Forde • Tiffany Marie Scott • Oslyn Holder • Mario Epanya • Nadine Luke • AJ Crimson • Theresa Francine • Derrick Rutledge • DeShawn Hatcher • Merrell Hollis • Cynde Watson • Romero Jennings • Ingrid Grimes-Miles • Valenté Frazier • Terrell Mullin • Lisa Carter-McPhee • Marc Harvey • Robert Greene • Lavette Slater •

...again, just a fraction.

JENNIFER JAMES BEAUTY on the web:

http://www.jenniferjames-beauty.com
http://www.twitter.com/JenJamesBeauty
http://www.facebook.com/jenniferjamesbeautybiz
http://www.instagram.com/jenjamesbeauty
http://www.pinterest.com/jenjamesbeauty

Thank you for stopping by.

I truly appreciate your readership & I value your voice in every conversation. Feel free to comment below or, if you have something you would like to express privately, send an email to jenniferjamesbeauty@gmail.com. :-) Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jennyfer Darling <3
    Thank you for this Article .let 's Keep on doing Great....
    sending Love and Happiness
    Mario Epanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria


    makeup artist school

    ReplyDelete