. . . . . . . . .

My photo

I credit having two older sisters with my falling in love with EVERYTHING BEAUTY. Watching two fashionistas while growing up turned out to be a seduction of my interests. I was quite the tomboy until 8th grade  then it began. As a teen, I began to devour every beauty editorial in all of the top fashion magazines: Vogue©, Elle©, Essence©, Cosmopolitan©, Harpers Bazaar© and Seventeen. I could not get enough. I was ever-willing to spend my last $10 on an eyebrow pencil and two fashion rags. I would spend hours at the nearest store to browse the make-up lines and become familiar with every tool there was. I learned to sew at a very young age (Mommy made sure), so this was the time I started designing and sewing my own outfits to wear to school. So of course I had to have nails and eye shadow to match. If my blouse had black and white stripes or a checkered pattern, then so did my nails and eyes. Eventually becoming a NAIL TECHNICIAN & MAKE-UP ARTIST was a natural progression.
www.jenniferjames-beauty.com
www.twitter.com/jenjamesbeauty
www.instagram.com/jenjamesbeauty

Thursday, March 24, 2011

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION?

MUAs. QUESTION! When we critique each other as we judge each other's work, specifically in the scrutinizing of celebrities - are we also:

1) Judging our own ability or lack thereof to have done a better or even comparable job?

2) Using the discussion as a learning opportunity to better our technique for similar circumstances?

3) Really pointing something out in an effort to discover the method behind it, with little cattiness intended?

4) Just having fun ripping another MUA (with better clients than us) or a Celebrity because we can?

5) Being straight-up jealous haters who have nothing better to do & not enough self esteem?

*THIS IS NOT A QUIZ, JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT (myself included). LIFE IS ABOUT LEARNING & AS MUAS, WE MUST LEARN OUR INDUSTRY, TECHNIQUES, ARTISTRY, MARKETING, NETWORKING - & OURSELVES WITH HONEST EVALUATION OF WHAT TRULY DRIVES US & WHAT WE DO.

jhj

http://www.jenniferjames-beauty.com
Pin It Now!